Andrew Wyeth: Temperas & Studies From the Wyeth Collection
This exhibition pairs several temperas with studies that provide a window into Wyeth's process and includes Wyeth's final tempera, "Goodbye, My Love" (2008). Andrew Wyeth, the son of the great American illustrator N.C. Wyeth, is most famous for his haunting 1948 painting, "Christina's World." He drew wide notice again in 1986 when he released a large collection of portraits and sketches, some of them nude, of a mysterious woman named Helga, done in secret over the course of 15 years. The works in the current exhibition are recently returned from a loan to another museum. They will be on view until the beginning of February 2019.
Cost: Museum admission: $10-$20; members & under age 16: free
16 Museum St.
Rockland, ME 04841
Other Dates & Times
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, September 3, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 24, 2018, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ? Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Thursday, Aug 30, 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, Aug 29, 10:00 AM
- More Events at Farnsworth Art Museum
- Tuesday, Sep 4, 10:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.