Carrie Moyer & Sheila Pepe: Tabernacles for Trying Times
This exhibition reimagines a familiar form of religious furniture--the tabernacle--as a symbolic location for cultural values such as justice, equality, and knowledge. Throughout their decades-long careers, sculptor Sheila Pepe and painter Carrie Moyer have achieved international acclaim through abstract works that are rich with color and materiality, incorporating diverse themes of craft, feminism, and queer activism. On view through June 7.
Cost: Museum admission: $10-15; under age 15 free; Fridays free from 4 to 8 pm
7 Congress Sq.
Portland, ME 04101
Other Dates & Times
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday, April 30, 2020, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, April 18, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, May 23, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Friday, May 1, 5:00 PM
- Monday, Apr 20, 5:00 PM
- Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Class (Blended Format) - Station 76 - Noblesville, IN at Richard Boyd Art GalleryFriday, Apr 24, 5:00 PM
- More Events at Portland Museum of Art
- Saturday, Apr 4, 11:30 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.