Carrie Moyer & Sheila Pepe: Tabernacles for Trying Times
This exhibition reimagines a familiar form of religious furniture--the tabernacle--as a symbolic location for cultural values such as justice, equality, and knowledge. Throughout their decades-long careers, sculptor Sheila Pepe and painter Carrie Moyer have achieved international acclaim through abstract works that are rich with color and materiality, incorporating diverse themes of craft, feminism, and queer activism. On view through June 7.
Cost: Museum admission: $10-15; under age 15 free; Fridays free from 4 to 8 pm
7 Congress Sq.
Portland, ME 04101
Other Dates & Times
- Sunday, June 7, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, May 31, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday, June 4, 2020, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- ↓ Show All
More Event Ideas
- More Art and Exhibits Events
- Patricia Chandler a Solo Exhibit of Paintings July 2nd through July 30th at Richard Boyd Art GalleryTuesday, Jul 28, 5:00 PM
- Thursday, May 28, 10:00 AM
- More Events on May 28, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 28, 5:00 PM
- Thursday, May 28, 9:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.