Lecture: Harriet Beecher Stowe and the Hanover: The Romance and Reality of a Maine Shipwreck
The wreck of the Hanover and loss of all hands in 1849 shocked the midcoast Maine community. Susan Beegle will reveal how this tragedy inspired literary themes in Harriet Beecher Stowe’s The Pearl of Orr’s Island, written over a decade after the Hanover’s loss.
243 Washington St.
Bath, ME 04530
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Thursday, Apr 25, 6:00 PM
- Talk and Book Signing: Into the Raging Sea: Thirty-Three Mariners, One Megastorm, and the Sinking of the El Faro at Maine Maritime MuseumThursday, Jul 18, 6:00 PM
- Lecture: Modern Oceanographic Equipment and the Search for the Schooner Wyoming at Maine Maritime MuseumThursday, Aug 22, 12:30 PM
- More Events at Maine Maritime Museum
- Monday, Apr 22, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, May 4, 5:30 PM
- Thursday, Oct 24, 6:00 PM
- More Events on June 6, 2019
- Thursday, Jun 6, 5:00 PM
- Thursday, Jun 6, 10:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.