Maine Appalachian Trail Club to Hold Annual Spring Meeting
The Maine Appalachian Trail Club is inviting members and the general public to attend its annual spring meeting to commence the 2019 trail hiking season. The free event will be held on Saturday, April 20 at Bates College in Lewiston.
The meeting will include an overview of news from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and a series of interactive workshops led by club members. The keynote speaker will be Bob Duchesne, a columnist, author and former member of the Maine House of Representatives who currently serves on the Maine Board of Environmental Protection.
Planned activities include:
• News from the Appalachian Trail Conservancy with Claire Polfus
• Discussion on the successes of the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust with executive director Simon Rucker
• A question and answer session on the MATC
• Campsite maintainers meeting with Laura Flight
• Corridor monitoring workshop with longtime MATC volunteer Dave Field
• Trail maintenance workshop with MATC President Lester Kenway
The workshops will provide an opportunity to meet and learn from the many experienced, dedicated volunteers who maintain the Maine corridor of the Appalachian Trail. All are free and open to members of the public.
WHAT: Maine Appalachian Trail Club Annual Spring Meeting
WHEN: Saturday, April 20, 2019 from 8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
WHERE: Pettengill Hall, Bates College
4 Andrews Road, Lewiston, ME 04240
WHO: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
RSVP: RSVPs are encouraged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4 Andrews Road
Lewiston, ME 04240
More Event Ideas
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.