Schooner Mary E: Kennebec River Sail and Lighthouse Adventure
Sail down the Kennebec aboard the historic schooner Mary E; the only Kennebec-built schooner still afloat. Help us set and trim sails as our crew share tales from her colorful history, or just sit back and enjoy the scenery. You'll pass by the site of the Thomas E. Hagan yard where Mary E was built in 1906, see Doubling Point Light and the Kennebec Range Lights and get a unique view of Navy vessels under construction at Bath Iron Works. Guests are welcome to bring aboard food and non-alcoholic beverages. Tickets are non-refundable, except in the event of a weather cancellation. Cruises run in light rain and other moderate weather conditions. Cruises may be cancelled in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions or unmet minimum ticket sales, and cancellations are made by the Captain on the day of the cruise. If the Museum cancels a cruise, you will have the opportunity to reschedule, or receive a refund. The temperature on the water can vary throughout the day. Please come prepared with extra layers. Access to the boat requires negotiating a ramp down to the float.
243 Washington St.
Bath, ME 04530
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Sunday, Jul 28, 12:00 PM
- Saturday, Oct 5, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Nov 6, 5:00 PM
- More Events at Maine Maritime Museum
- Lecture: Modern Oceanographic Equipment and the Search for the Schooner Wyoming at Maine Maritime MuseumThursday, Aug 22, 12:30 PM
- Talk and Book Signing: Into the Raging Sea: Thirty-Three Mariners, One Megastorm, and the Sinking of the El Faro at Maine Maritime MuseumThursday, Jul 18, 6:00 PM
- Lecture: Tow Salvage or Vessel Recovery? An Introduction to Salvage Laws at Work at Maine Maritime MuseumThursday, Aug 8, 6:00 PM
- More Events on August 14, 2019
- Wednesday, Aug 14, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, Aug 14, 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, Aug 14, 8:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.