Summer Herbal Walk & Identification - With Arthur Haines
Nezinscot's herbal day is an opportunity to learn about herbs, shrubs, and trees; both cultivated and wild that are readily available in our backyards and gardens. How and what to harvest as well as their uses in everyday medicine and food. Join Gloria Varney, Arthur Haines and a handful of other artisans as they walk you through their fields, gardens, and woods while sharing their knowledge and love for the landscape. From there, participants will have an opportunity through hands-on workshops to prepare food and medicine with the gatherings. From infused oils to tinctures, electuaries, and teas. Schedule 9:00 a.m. - Arrive and settle in 9:30 a.m. -12 noon - Walk, discussion and identification 12 p.m. -1 p.m. lunch at Nezinscot Farm cafe 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.—Making medicine (tinctures, salves, infused oils, teas, food) with some of the ingredients gathered. 3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. —Q and A and review $150/day—includes knowledge, lunch, snacks and a small medicine chest of products made to take home. Kids Welcome —Kids 8 years and up are welcome to join in the fun. There will be a structured kids program run by Mackenzie Varney. Kids will explore nature, gather woodland and herbal products and work collaboratively on projects to take home. $80 with lunch included.
284 Turner Center Road
Turner, ME 04282
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Monday, Oct 21, 7:00 PM
- Thursday, Dec 19, 11:00 AM
- Lawrence Raisz Memorial - New England Bone Conference 2019 at Portsmouth Harbor Events & Conference CenterThursday, Oct 17, 2:00 PM
- More Events at Nezinscot Farm
- Sunday, Jul 28, 9:00 AM
- Friday, Jan 17, 12:30 PM
- Sunday, Aug 18, 10:00 AM
- More Events on August 17, 2019
- Saturday, Aug 17, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Aug 17, 8:00 PM
- Community Concepts hoMEworks Homebuyer Education August 17, 2019 Farmington at Fairbanks School Meeting HouseSaturday, Aug 17, 8:30 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.